It's simple. Some parents are just plain crazy. But few are as crazy as many soon-to- be parents, who, wrapped up in the fear and anticipation, the social status and expectations, go just plain mad. Mad as march hares with swollen ankles and morning sickness.
The following is a catalog of naming questions and suggestions posted on several different baby naming bulletin boards going back as far as early 2001. All entries are left unedited except for length.
As you will see, some parents-to-be have gone so far into the realm of baby-obsession they have lost track of the real, adult world. Their view is so skewed their only concerns are a) making their child "unique" and b) trying to keep the kid from being teased, often with terrible results.
Steel yourself, take a few deep breaths, and read.
No, it's not news - it is highly entertaining though. A simple concept - she takes actual postings from baby-naming boards and adds her own devastatingly sarcastic comments as replies.
Sorted under such headings as:
- Part I: Brought to You By the Letter Y
- Part II: God Wants You to Name the Baby After Him
- Part III: Easy to be Scarred
- Part IV: Babies or Blotter Acid?
- Part V: Big Chief Mucous Stink
- Part VI: When You're in Love, the Whole World is Welsh
- Part VII: Jesus' Mom is No Saint
- Part VIII: Of Thee I Scream